Applying for a Marriage-Civil Union License
Marriage or Civil Union applications are taken by Appointment only. Appointments are available Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Please call the Registrars office at the number above to schedule your appointment.
Marriage/Civil Union applications can be taken in the following places:
- The Township where the Bride/Applicant B resides, or
- If the Bride/Applicant B is from out-of-state, the Township where the Groom/Applicant A resides, or
- If both the Bride/Applicant B and Groom/Applicant A are from out-of-state, the Township where the marriage/civil union is going to be performed. In this case the license is valid on in that Township.
Blood Tests are no longer required as of November, 1997
Marriage/Civil Union License Requirements
Please click on the link below to obtain the Application for a Marriage/Civil Union License and complete it, print it and bring it in when you come in for your scheduled appointment.
Please note, marriage/civil union applications are taken by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call the Registrar at 856-985-4349 to schedule.
Marriage-CivilUnion Application (pdf format)
Couples must bring with them the following:
- Drivers license as proof of residency or a Lease with your current address.
- Witness over the age of 18
- If available, please bring in one of the following as a second form of identification:
- Birth certificate
- Current passport
- Cash, check or money order in the amount of $28.00
Also needed to complete the application process:
- Social Security Numbers
- Names of both sets of parents and the state or country of their birth.
- Maiden name of both mothers
- Name and address of person performing the ceremony and the township where the marriage/civil union is taking place.
- Where there was a previous marriage/civil union, bring divorce papers or death certificate.
If the Bride/Applicant B or the Groom/Applicant A is under the age of 18 but over the age of 16, parental consent by both parents is required. Along with the parents, two witnesses to the signing of the parental consent form are needed at the time of application.
If the Bride/Applicant B or the Groom/Applicant A is under the age of 16, in addition to the requirements listed above, the permission of a County Court Judge is also required. (Judge Cornelius P. Sullivan is the Judge of Juvenile Domestic Relations Court for Burlington County)